Terms of Service
Last updated June 23, 2018
1.1. Governing Agreement
The terms of this agreement ("Terms of Service") govern the relationship between you and Victors United (hereinafter "Victors United" or "Us" or "We"), regarding your use of Victors United’s social games and related services, which includes Victors United websites (the "Service"). In this agreement, "Victors United" means the website at https://victorsunited.com and use of this website constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of this terms of service.
This agreement may not be otherwise amended except in a writing hand signed by you and us. For purposes of this provision, "writing" does not include an e-mail message and a signature does not include an electronic signature.
1.4. Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service
Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms of Service and any other relevant Victors United policies, such as the Forum Rules or Loyalty Program Terms, Victors United grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited license subject to the limitations in Sections 1.5-1.9 to access and use the Service using a Victors United supported web browser (such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) or mobile device solely for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You agree not to use the Service for any other purpose.
1.5. Accessing the Service
You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Service, including, but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use the Service, in cases where the Service offers a mobile component.
You are responsible for any fees, including internet connection or mobile fees that you incur when accessing the Service.
1.6. Use of the Service
The following restrictions apply to the use of the Service:
- a. You shall not create an Account or access the Service if you are under the age of 13;
- b. You shall monitor your Account to restrict use by minors, and you will deny access to children under the age of 13. You accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Service by minors. Your are responsible for any use of your credit card or other payment instrument (e.g. paypal) by minors;
- c. You shall not have more than one Account, per platform or SNS, at any given time, and shall not create an account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself;
- d. You shall not create an Account or use the Service if you are a convicted sex offender;
- e. You shall not have an Account or use the Service if you have previously been removed by Victors United, or previously been banned from playing any Victors United game;
- f. You shall use your Account only for non-commercial purposes;
- g. You shall not use your Account to advertise, or solicit, or transmit any commercial advertisements, including chain letters, junk e-mail or repetitive messages (spim and spam) to anyone;
- h. You shall not use your Account to engage in any illegal conduct;
- i. You shall not rent, lease, sell, trade, gift, bequeath or otherwise transfer your Account or any virtual items or virtual currency associated with your Account to anyone without Victors United’s written permission; and
- j. You shall not access or use an Account which has been rented, leased, sold, traded, gifted, bequeathed, or otherwise transferred from the Account creator without Victors United’s permission.
- k. If you access the Service from an SNS you shall comply with its terms of service/use as well as these Terms of Service.
1.7. Account Information
You understand that on certain Victors United websites your user ID number, name and profile picture will be publicly available and that search engines may index your name and profile photo.
1.8. Login Information
During the Account creation process, you will be required to select a username and password ("Login Information"). The following rules govern the security of your Login Information:
- a. You shall not share the Account or the Login Information, nor let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account;
- b. In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify Victors United and modify your Login Information;
- c. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you; and
- d. You are responsible for anything that happens through your Account.
1.8.1. Rules Related specifically to Usernames
Each user will select their own username to represent them in the service. When choosing a username, you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If Victors United finds such a username to be offensive or improper, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the name, remove the name and corresponding chat room, and/or suspend or terminate your use of the Service. In particular, you may not use any username:
· (i) Belonging to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation any employee or agent of Victors United;
· (ii) That incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
· (iii) Subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity;
· (iv) That belongs to a popular culture figure, celebrity, or media personality;
· (v) That is, contains, or is substantially similar to a trademark or service mark, whether registered or not;
· (vi) Belonging to any religious figure or deity;
· (vii) Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity;
· (viii) Comprised of partial or complete sentence (e.g., "Inyourface", "Welovebeef", etc);
· (ix) Comprised of gibberish (e.g., "Asdfasdf", "Jjxccm", "Hvlldrm");
· (x) Referring to pop culture icons or personas (e.g. " "Britneyspears", "Austinpowers", "Batman")
· (xi) That incorporates titles. For purposes of this subsection, "titles" shall include without limitation 'rank' titles (e.g. , "CorporalTed," or "GeneralVlad"), monarchistic or fantasy titles (e.g., "KingMike", "LordSanchez"), and religious titles (e.g., "ThePope," or "Reverend Al"). You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a "first" and "last" name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.
Victors United reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights.
1.9. License Limitations
Any use of the Service in violation of these License Limitations is strictly prohibited, can result in the immediate revocation of your limited license granted by Section 1.4, and may subject you to liability for violations of law. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT OR INTERFERE WITH THE SERVICE INCLUDING UNDERMINING OR MANIPULATING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY VICTORS UNITED GAME IS A VIOLATION OF VICTORS UNITED POLICY AND MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- a. Engage in any act that Victors United deems to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Service, including but not limited to circumventing or manipulating these Terms, our game rules, game mechanics or policies;
- b. Make improper use of Victors United’s support services, including by submitting false abuse reports; or
- c. Use the Service in connection with any violation of any applicable law or regulation, or do anything that promotes the violation of any applicable law or regulation;
CHEATING AND HACKING - You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- d. Use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Victors United Game or any Victors United game experience;
- e. Use the Service in order to design or assist in the design of cheats, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Victors United game or any Victors United game experience;
- f. Without Victors United’s express written consent, modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Service or any Victors United game;
- g. Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (1) any computer or server used to offer or support the Service or any Victors United game environment (each a "Server"); or (2) the enjoyment of the Service or any Victors United game by any other person;
- h. Institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Service, or other attempts to disrupt the Service or any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Service; or
- i. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts registered to others or to the computers, Servers, or networks connected to the Service by any means other than the user interface provided by Victors United, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that is part of the Service;
OFFENSIVE OR INFRINGING CONTENT - You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- j. Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive;
- k. Post any information that contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content;
- l. Attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, including Victors United employees, including Victors United’s customer service representatives; or
- m. Make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity or impersonates any other person, including without limitation a Victors United employee;
COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY - You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- n. Without Victors United’s express written consent, use the Service, any Victors United game, or any part thereof for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to, (1) permitting, authorizing, or offering use of the Service, any Victors United game, or any part thereof at a cyber café, computer gaming center or any other commercial establishment provided however that, for clarity, providing the means for users to access the Internet is not prohibited by the forgoing, (2) communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation, or (3) gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale;
- o. Use the Service, any Victors United game, or any part thereof for performing in-game services, such as power-leveling and item collection services, in exchange for payment outside the Service;
- p. Transmit unauthorized communications through the Service, including junk mail, chain letters, spam and any materials that promote malware, spyware and downloadable items; or
UNAUTHORIZED USE OR CONNECTION TO THE SERVICE - You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- q. Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service or connect to or use the Service or any Victors United game in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service;
- r. Use any unauthorized third-party software that accesses, intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the Service or that is in transit from or to the Service, including, without limitation, any software that reads areas of RAM or streams of network traffic used by the Service or any Victors United game to store information about Victors United game characters, elements, or environment. Victors United may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
- s. Intercept, examine or otherwise observe any proprietary communications protocol used by a client, a Server, or the Service, whether through the use of a network analyzer, packet sniffer or other device;
- t. Make any automated use of the system, or take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- u. Bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the service or use any software, technology, or device to send content or messages, scrape, spider, or crawl the Service, or harvest or manipulate data;
- v. Use, facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Service, including without limitation (1) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate any part of the Service, or (2) any connection using programs, tools, or software not expressly approved by Victors United;
- w. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Service or any Victors United game, or to obtain any information from the Service or any Victors United game using any method not expressly permitted by Victors United; or
- x. Copy, modify or distribute rights or content from any Victors United site or game, or Victors United’s copyrights or trademarks or use any method to copy or distribute the content of the Service except as specifically allowed in these Terms of Service;
COLLECTION AND PUBLICATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION - You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- y. Solicit or attempt to solicit personal information from other users of the Service or any Victors United game; or
- z. Collect, harvest or post anyone’s private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Service.
- aa. upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit), without Victors United’s express permission, any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats ("gifs"), 1x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as "spyware," "passive collection mechanisms" or "pcms").
1.10. Suspension and Termination of Account and Service
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER REMEDIES, VICTORS UNITED MAY LIMIT, SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS OR ACCESS TO VICTORS UNITED SERVICES OR PORTIONS THEREOF IF YOU ARE, OR VICTORS UNITED SUSPECTS THAT YOU ARE, FAILING TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR FOR ANY ACTUAL OR SUSPECTED ILLEGAL OR IMPROPER USE OF THE SERVICE, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU CAN LOSE YOUR USER NAME AND PERSONA AS A RESULT OF ACCOUNT TERMINATION OR LIMITATION, AS WELL AS ANY BENEFITS, PRIVILEGES, EARNED ITEMS AND PURCHASED ITEMS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, AND VICTORS UNITED IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR ANY SUCH LOSSES OR RESULTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING OUR OTHER REMEDIES, WE MAY LIMIT, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE SERVICE AND USER ACCOUNTS OR PORTIONS THEREOF, PROHIBIT ACCESS TO OUR GAMES AND SITES, AND THEIR CONTENT, SERVICES AND TOOLS, DELAY OR REMOVE HOSTED CONTENT, AND TAKE TECHNICAL AND LEGAL STEPS TO PREVENT USERS FROM ACCESSING THE SERVICE IF WE BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE CREATING RISK OR POSSIBLE LEGAL LIABILITIES, INFRINGING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR ACTING INCONSISTENTLY WITH THE LETTER OR SPIRIT OF OUR TERMS OR POLICIES. ADDITIONALLY, WE MAY, IN APPROPRIATE CIRCUMSTANCES AND AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE ACCOUNTS OF USERS WHO MAY BE REPEAT INFRINGERS OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
Victors United reserves the right to stop offering and/or supporting the Service or a particular game or part of the Service at any time, at which point your license to use the Service or a part thereof will be automatically terminated. In such event, Victors United shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits or other compensation to users in connection with such discontinued Services.
Termination of your Account can include disabling your access to the Service or any part thereof including any content you submitted or others submitted.
You may cancel any Account registered to you at any time by following the instructions on VictorsUnited.com.
1.11.1. Games and Service
The Service (including without limitation any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, recordings of games played using a Victors United game client, and the Victors United game clients and server software) are copyrighted works owned by Victors United Inc. Victors United reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF VICTORS UNITED. VICTORS UNITED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE ANY ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR 180 DAYS.
1.11.3. Virtual Items
Victors United owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to use all of the content that appears in the Service or the Victors United games. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any Victors United game, whether earned in a game or purchased from Victors United, or any other attributes associated with an Account or stored on the Service.
Victors United prohibits and does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property effectuated outside of the Service, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates in the Service, unless otherwise expressly authorized by Victors United in writing. Accordingly, you may not trade, sell or attempt to sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value of any kind outside of a game, without Victors United’s written permission. Any such transfer or attempted transfer is prohibited and void, and will subject your Account to termination.
1.11.4. User Content
"User Content" means any communications, images, maps, boards, sounds, and all the material, data, and information that you upload or transmit through a Victors United game client or the Service, or that other users upload or transmit, including without limitation any chat text.
You hereby grant Victors United a perpetual and irrevocable (other than as provided below), worldwide, fully paid-up and royalty free, non-exclusive, unlimited license, including the right to sublicense and assign to third parties, and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, improve, translate, reformat, create derivative works from, manufacture, introduce into circulation, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, rent, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way now known or in the future discovered, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any User Content. The license you grant Us to use user posted content (except any content you submit in response to Victors United promotions and competition or any other content specifically solicited by Victors United) ends when you delete your User Content or you close your Account unless your User content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. However, you understand and accept that removed content may persist in back-up copies for a reasonable period of time.
2. USER CONTENT
2.1. Content Screening
Victors United assumes no responsibility for the conduct of any user submitting any User Content, and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Service for inappropriate content or conduct.
We do not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, our representatives or technology may monitor and/or record your interaction with the Service or communications (including without limitation chat text) when you are using the Service.
By entering into these Terms of Service, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring and recording. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any User Content, including without limitation chat text or voice communications.
If at any time Victors United chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Service, Victors United nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Content and assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content. We have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any User Content.
2.2. Information Use by Other Members of the Service
2.2.1. Public Discourse
The Service may include various forums, blogs and chat features where you can post User Content, including your observations and comments on designated topics. Victors United cannot guarantee that other members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, do not post it on the Service. Victors United shall have no responsibility to evaluate, use or compensate you for any ideas or information you may choose to submit.
VICTORS UNITED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A MEMBER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST IN ANY FORUMS, BLOGS AND CHAT ROOMS.
2.2.2. Responsible For Your Own Content
You are solely responsible for the information that you post on, through or in connection with the Service and that you provide to others.
Information, materials, products or services provided by other users (for instance, in their profiles) may, in whole or in part, be unauthorized, impermissible or otherwise violate these Terms of Service, and Victors United assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Service by any person, please use any "Report Abuse" link provided or contact us at Customer Support.
Victors United may reject, refuse to post or delete any User Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, User Content that in the sole judgment of Victors United violates these Terms of Service.
Victors United reserves the right to limit the storage capacity of User Content that you post on, through or in connection with the Service.
2.4. User Interactions
2.4.1 Member Disputes
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service and/or Victors United games. Victors United reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
3. FEES AND PURCHASE TERMS
In the Service you may purchase, with "real world" money, a license to use (a) "virtual currency", including but not limited to virtual coins, cash, tokens, or points, all for use in Victors United games; (b) "virtual in-game items" (together with "virtual currency", "Virtual Items"); and (c) other goods or services ("Merchandise"). You may also obtain a license to use Virtual Items by redeeming third party virtual currency, for example Facebook Credits.
ALL PURCHASES AND REDEMPTIONS OF THIRD PARTY VIRTUAL CURRENCY MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
You can order Virtual Items by visiting the purchase page in one of our games, providing your billing information, confirming the particulars of your purchase and re-affirming your agreement to these Terms. When you place an order to purchase Virtual Items from our Service, we may send you a confirmatory e-mail that will contain details of the items you have ordered. Please check that the details in the confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and maintain a copy of it for your records. Victors United keeps records of transactions in order to deal with any subsequent queries. If you purchase Facebook Credits from Facebook, you are agreeing to Facebook’s Payment Terms and Victors United is not a party to the transaction.
For Virtual Items, your order will represent an offer to us to purchase the relevant product(s) which will be accepted by us when we make the Virtual Items available in your account for you to use in our games or debit your credit card, whichever comes first.
The provision of Virtual Items for use in Victors United games is a service provided by Victors United that commences immediately upon acceptance by Victors United of your purchase. By ordering Virtual Items you agree and accept that Victors United will provide them to you immediately following completion of your purchase. If you reside in the European Union and you purchase a product or service from Victors United, you have the right to withdraw from a purchase within seven calendar days, commencing on the day after the date of purchase (the "Cooling Off Period"). However, you lose your right of withdrawal if the performance of the services begins before the end of the Cooling Off Period. Accordingly, please note that if you purchase Virtual Items from us, your right of withdrawal is lost as the performance of our services begins immediately once your purchase is completed.
3.2. Payment of Fees
You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. Victors United may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service at any time. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT VICTORS UNITED IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
4. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
4.1. Third Party Advertisements
4.2. Links to Third Party Sites And Dealings With Advertisers
Victors United may provide links on the Service to third party websites or vendors who may invite you to participate in a promotional offer in return for receiving optional Services and/or upgrades (such as in-game currency). Any charges or obligations you incur in your dealings with these third parties are your responsibility. Victors United makes no representation or warranty regarding any content, goods and/or services provided by any third party even if linked from our Service, and will not be liable for any claim relating to any third party content, goods and/or services. The linked sites are not under the control of Victors United and may collect data or solicit personal information from you. Victors United is not responsible for their content, business practices or privacy policies, or for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those sites may collect. Further, the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of Victors United of these linked sites.
5. COPYRIGHT NOTICES/COMPLAINTS
It is Victors United's policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For more information, please go to Victors United's Copyright Page to review our DMCA Notification Guidelines. Victors United reserves the right to terminate without notice any User's access to the Victors United Service if that User is determined by Victors United to be a "repeat infringer." In addition, Victors United accommodates and does not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials.
6. UPDATES TO THE SERVICE
You understand that the Service is an evolving one. Victors United may require that you accept updates to the Service and to Victors United’s games you have installed on your computer. You acknowledge and agree that Victors United may update the Service and Victors United games, with or without notifying you. You may need to update third party software from time to time in order to receive the Service and play Victors United’s Games.
7. DISCLAIMERS / LIMITATIONS / WAIVERS / INDEMNIFICATION
7.1. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (EXCEPT ONLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW WITH ANY LEGALLY REQUIRED WARRANTY PERIOD THE SHORTER OF THIRTY DAYS FROM FIRST USE OR THE MINIMUM PERIOD REQUIRED).
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER VICTORS UNITED NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, OR ANY OF THEIR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, DISTRIBUTORS, LICENSEES OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, "VICTORS UNITED PARTIES") WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
7.2. LIMITATIONS; WAIVERS OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY ANY APPLICABLE LAW, THE DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY CONTAINED HEREIN APPLY TO ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURY WHATSOEVER CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE UNDER ANY CAUSE OR ACTION WHATSOEVER OF ANY JURISDICTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTIONS FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) AND THAT THE VICTORS UNITED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE.
YOU FURTHER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE VICTORS UNITED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO SEEK TO HOLD THE VICTORS UNITED PARTIES LIABLE, FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE AND OPERATORS OF EXTERNAL SITES, AND THAT THE RISK OF THE SERVICE AND EXTERNAL SITES AND OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE VICTORS UNITED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID VICTORS UNITED IN THE ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DAYS (180) DAYS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID VICTORS UNITED ANY AMOUNTS IN THE ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DAYS (180) DAYS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH VICTORS UNITED IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THE SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold Victors United, its affiliated companies, contractors, employees, agents and its third-party suppliers, licensors, and partners harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of your use or misuse of the Service, any violation by you of these Terms of Service, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you herein. Victors United reserves the right, at Your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify Victors United, and you agree to cooperate with Victors United’s defense of these claims. Victors United will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
You agree that the provisions in this paragraph will survive any termination of your Account(s) or of the Service.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If a dispute arises between you and Victors United, our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and Victors United agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this Agreement or our services (a "Claim") in accordance with one of the subsections below or as we and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to Customer Support. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
8.2. Law and Forum for Legal Disputes
If you are a resident of the United States or Japan, this Agreement and any dispute arising out of or related to it or the Service shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Victors United Inc. must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in King County, Washington, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within King County, Washington for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
8.3. Arbitration Option
For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and (c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
8.4. Improperly Filed Claims
All claims you bring against Victors United must be resolved in accordance with this Legal Disputes Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to Section 8.2 shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to Section 8.2, Victors United shall be entitled to recover attorneys' fees and costs up to $1000, provided that Victors United has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
10. GENERAL PROVISIONS
10.2. Supplemental Policies
Victors United may publish additional policies related to specific services such as forums, contests or loyalty programs. Your right to use such services is subject to those specific policies and these Terms of Service.
10.3. Entire Agreement
10.4. No Waiver
Except as expressly and specifically set forth in this these Terms of Service, no representations, statements, consents, waivers, or other acts or omissions by Victors United shall be deemed a modification of these Terms of Service nor legally binding, unless documented in physical writing, hand signed by You and a duly appointed officer of Victors United.
Any notices that you provide without compliance with this Section on Notices shall have no legal effect.
10.6. Equitable Remedies
You acknowledge that the rights granted and obligations made under these Terms of Service to Victors United are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm Victors United and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that Victors United shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety or proof of damages) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you.
You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service or any Victors United game, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Service or any content or other material used or displayed through the Service and agree to limit your claims to claims for monetary damages, limited by Section 7.2 (if any).
10.7. Force Majeure
Victors United shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Victors United, including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond Victors United’s control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.